Pages

Time for a Little History

Now that I’m the owner of a 1919 D.C. row house I’ve become a bit interested in discovering the history of the house. I think I’m going to try and make my way down to the district’s deeds and surveyor's office and see what I can find out.


Recorder of Deeds

515 D Street, NW

Washington DC 20001

(202) 727-5374
Office of the Surveyor

941 North Capitol Street, NE, Suite 2700

Washington, DC 20002

(202) 442-4566

I’m also interested in maintaining the original features of the house and came across and interesting site that has lots of useful info for old home owners. The National Parks Services Historic Preservation Internship Training Program provides a series of Preservation Briefs that provide guidance on preserving, rehabilitating and restoring historic buildings.

No comments:

Post a Comment